Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day Twenty Two: Rain, Rain ... and Rain

It finally really super rained today, as i have been waiting for. It was a very light rain, but it went all day, and still managed to soak its way through my clothing. I think i am going to run out of hot coca very fast, and clothing.

Today i slept much later than i had intended, so i missed my chance to get a package that apparently arrived for me. They only leave it if someone answers the door and because no one was here they brought it to the post office which is just around the corner. However the close early on wed, which to me is the stupidest thing ever, and i wont be able to pick it up tomorrow so it will be sent to urbiton which is about three miles from here. I am going to have to figure out the bus.

I left and hour early for class, so i could print out the paper i worked oh so hard on, or at least worked oh so hard on the motivation to work on the paper. I printed it out at Knights Park campus and then walked to Pehryn Road campus for class, i made it just on time. Only i forgot where my class was, and there is no class number on the syllabus so i waited by the staircase looking for an american to follow to class, luckily i found one, haha. In class we learned about the monarchy and how everyone loves the Queen because of how much they hate politicians. Also, how they are embarrassed to fly the Union Jack because they are not the great nation they were during the time of the World Wars. Also, Scotland and Wales hate the Union Jack because they do not believe that it represents them. Northern Ireland seems to be the only portion of Great Britain that flies the flag and it is out of spite against the catholic Irish who want to still be part of Ireland and not part of Great Britain. So yeah, there is a lot of hostility about bizarre things here.

The walk home was really wet. My jacket did not keep out the rain, so from now on i need to remember my rain jacket when i go to class. Dinner was a simple salad and noodles... i may heat up some chicken later.

TOMORROW I AM GOING TO ITALY! And i am very excited but i am so tired, i have not been sleeping well lately, so tonight i am going to need to go to bed. I have to wake up around 4:30 - 5:00 am However i've yet to pack, so i should get on that also. I wont be updating my blog for the next three to four days, so sorry about my lack of communication. I am going to be keeping a hand written journal while in Italy, and i will post the highlights when i come home to share with you all.

Love you all! Talk to you after i get home from spending the weekend in the Italian countryside (makes me sound awesome doesn't it?) hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment