Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day Forty Three: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

PICTURE: This is a still from the movie I saw tonight: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (http://www. scifiscoop. com/news /new-photo- from- the-imaginarium- of-doctor- parnassus/)

It was a slow morning of organizing, stomping my foot to get the sound on my TV to work and ... making breakfast. I made a English muffin (CRUMPET!) with an egg (soft yoke), it was delicious. Then i went to class.

Class today, British Life and Culture, was really active today. We had a guest lecturer come in to talk to us about British Theater. It was really interesting. He was an actual actor, but i cannot for the life of me remember his name. He has done television, East Enders for all those who know it. There was one girl in class who was very rude and outspoken, but not in a good way. She was fitting right into the American stereotype and not in the good way. Her generalizations were very rude, so to shut her up a bit I attempted with my own cross fire and argued against her point. I have no idea if it worked, but it made me feel better. The lecture was very good.

After class, and after getting rent, I got a few friends to go out for Pizza and a movie. I have been dying for a pizza, and i really just needed to sit in a theater and watch a good movie for good times sake. The pizza was delicious, we went to the Pizza Express. I got just a simple cheese pizza and it was set up a lot like the ones we got in Italy.

The movie was great we saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus which i recommend that you all see. Well maybe only the adults, it is not really a kid movie. It was visually stimulating, very beautiful, with constant and many moving pieces. A lot of imagination went into it, and it was very creative with both the storyline and the way it was presented to the audience. I loved it. This is the last movie that Heath Ledger worked on, during filming was when he died. His friends Colin Farrel, Jude Law and Johnny Depp came in to finish the great masterpiece the Heath started. I cannot really explain to you how, because I want you to see for yourself, but they filled in the places that Heath was unable to finish. With the combination between the actual storyline and the behind the scenes storyline the lead message becomes unabashedly clear. The harder to find messages, well I need to see it again to really get it, but they are very clever. Please, you yourself a favor and go see this movie, at least exercise your brain a bit with it. Do not let the visual images scare you from a great movie. (In case you cannot tell, I LOVED this movie). The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Allie and I had a good talk on the way back to our room. I think I am going to go to bed early tonight. I have to wake up to head into London tomorrow morning for class all day. I think I will like it because it is all about working in museums. We are going to the National Gallery, which is in Trafalgar Square.

Good Night, love you all and miss you!
<3

1 comment: