Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day Forty: I have been in the UK for 40 days....!

Today was interesting and if you know me you will quickly understand why. I spent all of this Sunday being religious, to a point I guess. I woke up at 9 (btw we went back and hour today) and meet my friends Stacie and Erin at a local church which tends to cater to all Christian's and university students. I originally went because i was tired of doing nothing but school work and i really wanted to get entirely immersed into something that was guaranteed to full of mostly British people.

Not having been to church in awhile it left me a lot to think about. I wont go into great detail on here, but basically they touched on a lot of issues that had been bothering me with organized religion. So, that happened.

It was a lot of fun though. There was a sermon and then we went to someone's house and had a free lunch. We talked for a lot of hours and that was really good fun. One kid did not know there was a New York state, he thought it was only the city. It was really funny, cause he kept bringing it up later in conversation because he could not get over it. Priceless. Anyway, there was another service later... which was more of a group thing i guess. I was not really helpful seeing as I am, me i guess, haha. I listened more than I spoke this time. After that we went to a pub... haha, and i got chips (fries) because it was dinner time. I should probably eat something now but... i would have to make it so.

Anyway I enjoyed today a lot. It was nice to get out and about and forget about school work after the last couple of day. Now i have something to do on my Sundays which i will consider more of a brain exercise than a following though. At least until i can settle my own ideas about it. Plus the british boy there were... really cute, haha.

Anyway, that was my day. Day forty here in the UK, i have been here forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment