Friday, October 23, 2009

Day Thirty Eight: Almost Slept Through Class

PICTURE: I made this picture on a whim today, because I suddenly got a new idea for a children's book on my way home from class. I will let you figure out what is going on here, haha. I used photoshop. And no, I have not finished the illustrations for my last children's book, maybe that can be one of tomorrow's tasks.

I woke up this morning at 9:39am, exactly 21 minutes before I had to be in class. It is a thirty minute walk. I guess what I did was rather then set my alarm, I reset my actual clock. So, I was a bit confused when I woke up, haha. I made it to class only ten minutes late and as I was sitting down she said "Okay who needs to recite." I was supposed to recite last week, but she was sick so I did not get a chance to recite it. Anyway, I managed to get through it swimmingly, I remembered the whole thing! This is what I have managed to remember for two weeks:

"Years later, Orno Tarcher would think of his days in New York as a seduction. A seduction and a near miss, a time when his memory of the world around him - the shining stone stairwells, the taxicabs, the sea of nighttime lights - was glinting and of heroic proportion. Like a dream. He had almost been taken away from himself. That was the feeling he had looking back. Smells and sound. The roll and thunder of the number one train, the whistle like a flute through the deck rafters of the Empire State Building, the waft of dope through the halls."

Look I remembered it again!

Anyway the rest of the day I was mad at my creative writing class and how I can never keep up with it because... well lets just say my tutors organizational skills are not prime. So, rather than doing the work they may or may not have assigned me I went back and began taking their tips from class onto my own stories. While they are unorganized in their assigning of school work, they still give really good tips. I ended up remapping and outlining my rom com (romantic comedy) and did two character sketches. That was a lot of creative venting, so i feel much better now.

For dinner i made chicken, which i covered in flour and then cooked in a pan. I then put pasta sauce and cheddar cheese on top, so it was kind of like chicken param without the pasta. For a side i made a salad which i added dried apricots and more cheddar cheese too and it was delicious. It was all delicious. I am an awesome cook, but I cant wait to not have to cook again.

Good night! <3

1 comment: