Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day Thirty Six: Oceana the Club (built like Titanic)

Today I had class, went grocery shopping and then to a club. I am far too tired to write in detail, so I will just do an update on this blog entry tomorrow! But I had a lot of fun tonight! I love dancing like a girl from central New York world: aka, sprinkler anyone? Grocery Shopping? Yea.... I am smooth.

Tell you more tomorrow!!!! <3

UPDATE: I did get some really good food yesterday, i am trying to cut some sugar out of my diet. I have become addicted to it, major sweet tooth, so i get dizzy when do not have it, hahahaha. Oh man, what England has done to me. It is nice to sink into the comforts of hersey's chocolate they do not have here.

After doing a bit of work, Allie and I headed to a local club called the Oceana which is in the center of Kingston. Wednesday nights are student nights and if you get there before ... 9:00 i think ... you get in free. So, we met at 8:45ish and went it. They charge 1 pound 50 pence (which is about 3 dollars) to take your coat and save it for you. After checking in out coats we went into a pub that looked like it came straight out of Canada or Upstate New York, there was cabin siding and even a fake moose head.

Let me describe the grandness of this place too you. It was designed to look like the inside of the Titanic. From my discovery of last night, there were 2.5 dance halls (one dance hall is also a very modern looking bar). I found at least 4 or 5 actual pub rooms and a karaoke room.

After warming up in the moose-head pub (just made that up) we went to one of the dance halls which was crowded and the music was not that great. Other people i was with really enjoyed the music, but i was just having fun dancing. There were some other American Foreign exchange students where there, but they were hot hot hot messes. They were really embarrassing, and i am beginning to see where our bad reputation comes from. One girl was flailing everywhere and kept hitting people with her arms and head and you could tell by the look on people's faces they were not pleased having her there in the small space we were dancing in. She stepped on my foot with her pointy little heal and now i have a horrible bruise. Yeah, i did not appreciate her, haha. Anyway, it gets better!

We then went to the next dance floor, just because my new friend Stacie wanted to show it to us. However, i really liked the music there and the dance floor was much bigger and there was more space so i asked if we could stay, and we did. We got some water before heading down. That dancing was much more fun, there was more room to really have fun with the music and basically everyone there was more like i was with dancing. You know having fun rather that the more modern lets look really whoreish and pretend we are dancing. SO, i had more fun there. It was a really good night and i enjoyed myself a lot.

So that was my night as Oceana, and it was a lot of fun! I will be there next Wednesday i am sure! Oh and don't worry i was very safe.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey, I am glad to know you were safe and had fun!
    Love you lots,Mom

    ReplyDelete