Friday, October 30, 2009

Day Forty Five: Rollercoaster of a Day

I woke up really early so that I could creative writing homework before class, turns out there was none but I could not fall back asleep. I laid in bed for an hour and then went off to class. Class was great today, I really like the students in my creative writing classes, as much as I complain about the workload. I got sorted on all the work I have to accomplish, basically over 1,700 words are due for four different assignments which i have to have completed in two weeks. Keep in mind that I am in Wales this weekend, hopefully getting into London on many of the few days before I head off to Norway next weekend (!!!) and then I go back to class. So, I am going to have to get organized.

I had another, 'you're american?' experience today. In class she was checking our assignments, and could not read a word because I spelled it wrong. I told her what it was, and the boy next to me said, "well, it's fair enough, english isn't your first language so really your doing great." I looked at him and he continued, "your from Denmark right." I could not help but laugh right in his face, which became very red as I said, "I am from New York." At least he knew there was a state of New York, hahahahahah. Ladies and Gentleman, I am now from Denmark. I am not sure whether to take it as a compliment, as I apparently seem European, or an insult, as he said that English was not my first language. Oh man, great times. I am making good friends in that class, so that is a lot of fun.

After class I went to the library with one of my new friends and we rented a book that was highly recommended by a fellow classmate, and American! I found one in the class I thought was all English, he never spoke in the beginning. I have that now to read in my travels to Norway and Wales.

My later afternoon was not so hot, I had a little trouble with college issues, and I became very upset. It was quickly remedied when some other new friends came over tonight for dinner. I did not even know they had arrived because I had fallen asleep on them, don't worry though because Allie played host.

We had a very nice dinner which Allie quickly put together; pasta, roasted veggies and our friends brought a salad. We had a nice time visiting and eating and then we began watching Harry Potter. My friend Ruthie apperntly knows all the places in London that they filmed/based sets off of/important locations from the Harry Potter. Next week we are going to go on our own, basically free, Harry Potter Tour! I have seen the Great Hall, I have seen the Library and now I will find everything else that is in London for Harry Potter.

That was pretty much my day. I am heading off to Wales tomorrow, as I have mentioned multiple times in this entry, so again I will be going off into my hand written journal. Like Italy I will take snip-its from the journal and share them with you on my blog Monday... or Sunday night depending on where I am.

Love you all! Talk with you when I get back from Wales.

2 comments:

  1. Well Denmark is close to Norway and you do look Norwegian. Spelling, well that's another issue for all of us in this family.
    Love to read your writings.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin, I just had the opportunity to catch up on the week. You are surely business with alot of great adventures. You continue to amaze me and can tell that you are finding out what Kristave is all about. Such a great thing to be doing at a young age..... I am anxious to hear about your trip to Wales as that is close to the Jones side of the family...... Taid would be so VERY PROUD OF YOU! I love you and continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete