Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day Sixteen: Lots of Work to Come

This morning i woke up at 7:00 to get to my morning class at 9:00. I miss the days where I could wake up at 8:45 for a 9:00 but what is a girl to do when she has to walk 20 minutes to class (Allie found a shortcut by the way!)

We walked to Knights park for our first class which we have together, it is Visual Culture: An Introduction. It seems like it will be a good class, a lot of trips to the museums in London which i am certainly okay with and lots of indepth discussion about the aspects of being a visual culture. (I'll let you work that one out, cause i have not finished learning about it). I also have readings, at least one large paper and one large presentation for this class. It is taught by two tutors (professors), who seem to play off each other like a comedy skit, i was very entertained by them. One of them once worked in museums and i am going to meet with her a some point to talk about that. I think i may be leaning towards museums studies for my masters? That way i can still get into major cities for awhile and then maybe at some point a smaller town like Williamsburg or Cooperstown (just examples, haha).

After lunch, which I met up with Kat for, i had my Creative Writing. This class is going to be excellent, i do not know why i have not taken a creative writing class in the past and i want to take so many more, and this is my first day. It is going to be a lot of work also. I have a weekly journal, plus weekly exercises, plus readings, plus other random weekly assignments. So that will all add up as well, especially knowing me... i tend to let things add up and then i take care of them. But i am going to enjoy this work load.

I was actually planning on doing a lot of work this weekend, because i already have a lot to do and Allie will not be around (she is in Germany). So, perhaps this will be a productive weekend, which would be awesome. I like that writing and being creative is my homework. Actually no, I love. That reminds me, in my Creative Writing class she volunteered me to say why i was in that class, so i told about 200 students that i wanted to be an children's book author and illustrator, haha awesome. Now my secret passion is not so secret person anymore.

Um, i bought school supplies and got organized for classes so that i really can stay on top of my work. I do have the whole weekend to do work. Also, i have a whole weekend to cook every meal for myself so i was thinking i would just finish off what was in the kitchen. I bought more cereal!

Peace

1 comment: