Friday, October 2, 2009

Day Seventeen: A Really Long Day

wow... so i had typed a paragraph, and then i got aggressive and pulled my computer out of the wall and it needs electricity to run because it is old and sad, so it died and deleted everything i wrote except for the title (^) awesome.... anyway

I woke up at 8:00 for my 9:00 class which was my creative writing seminar. This class is going to be great, however i am going to miss two of those classes and this might not be so good. They actually have attendance count for this class, which is hard cause it is at the end of the week and i may want to head off on an adventure then. Also, this class has 5 girls 9 boys, cute book nerdy boys who like american literature, so i am already intimidated and i am sure i do not want to read my stuff in front of them... nor recite. But also, it will be good and fun, cause i made a friend who kinda looks like my friend claire but she wears a scarf over her head. She was funny, when we started talking she was like, "are you.... American!" haha, moving on...

Then i walked to Knight's Park which was about a 10-15 minute walk to meet with Paul who is my tutor (professor) for the sustainable design, which was the class i missed when i broke my back. He was 30 minutes late, so i could have taken my time apparently. No worries though, he was nice enough and said i didn't miss anything. Also, he gave me the notes and module (funny enough the actual class and the syllabus are both called a module). So that happened.

Next, I went to the library to print things, but there were a lot of people, no staff and no computers so i left. I will have to print at another time. Then i went to the "dinning hall" (its not really a dining hall, more like a food court) and got a cheap sandwich, a tuna melt for 2.70 GBP (Great Britain Pounds). I had to hand in a blue form, so i then walked to the swan house (the international house) to hand it in and that was about a 10 minute walk.

15 minute walk from there i went to an outdoors clothing shop and got a cheap brown fleece. I am told it is as good as a north face, but cheaper and on sale. It was 15 pounds. 15 minutes from there, i went to Asda the grocery store and bought myself food (though apperantly i still needs eggs and milk. Why is it people always needs eggs and milk? 15 minutes from there i made it home.

Home: washed loads of dishes, cleaned up a bit (cause i can bend over now), cooked myself some food and ...showered.

At 7:00 i got on a bus (cause i was tired after my two hours of walking around) and went to the play 'Bedroom Farce' which was... enjoyable. It made me smile, it made me giggle, the actors were good, but... i think i am happy that my ticket was free (cause i am a wicked awesome college student). I enjoyed my evening out, i felt a bit cultured, haha. My bus ride home was a little adventure. I was a bit confused and lost, so i made friends with a bus driver. I even hung out with him as he did his bus check. I was lucky i got such a nice guy to help me out, and clearly i made it home and now i know what not to do.

Also, i changed my dates for Norway. So now i am not missing classes and it will only be three days Nov 7th-9th. It will be nice to meet my extended extended extended extended relatives. They are apperantly very excited to meet me! A little 6 year old offered me her bed, aw. It will be fun.

So, i wrote a lot today, you guys can see why it was such a long day.

Enjoy the fall, i am missing it over here. What i would do for a pumpkin or fresh apples, or orange/red/yellow trees and that smell. Yeah, fall is my favorite season. Love You All!!!

ps: you may have noticed, but i never edit my entries... haha

2 comments:

  1. good morning and happy weekend Kristin. you continue to surprise me with your adventure and figuring things out as they come. You need to be very proud of yourself. It is cool and cloudy today, Paulie has a soccer clinic from 1-3 and we hope the rain will hold off. he is having a friend over for a sleepover tonight and he will go to his football game with us tomorrow. the boys are both excited. Well I hope you can get your studies done and still have time for some fun this weekend. Be safe and know that you are in our thoughts each day. Glad you back is better. Love you lots, Aunt Sharon, Uncle Paul and Paulie xxxxxxx0000000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I love reading about your days. You are so much braver than your mother. Thanks! I almost feel like we are next door to each other. Yes, it's fall. Maybe I can figure out how to send you some fall photos.
    Saturday was beautiful.
    Sunday, today is wet and rainy. We were lucky to have the day we had yesterday.
    I love you bunches!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete