Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day Sixty Eight: LE MIS!


PICTURE: This is an image from the musical, you can see how artist it set-up was. It is beautiful. Also it is the longest running musical in the world! (http://www. delfon tmackintosh. co.uk/images /uploaded /AugLes Mis1.JPG).

Well, I am tired. It is almost 1:30 here, or at least it will be when I get done with the entry. Today I finally got my plans down for the next three weekends. This weekend on Saturday I am going back into Wales, Cardiff to be exact. The following weekend I am going to Ireland and the weekend after that I convinced Allie to go with me to Paris! So, I am going to be busy up until I go home. This also means I am going to have to do a lot of work on the weekdays, so I am going to be very busy. However, I can go this so, wish me luck. Also, I will play anyone 10 bucks for every 300 words of the papers I have to write. Any takers?

After that, we had class, which was fun and then we spontaneously went into the theater district of London to see a musical. We did not have any plans so we tried Phantom first but the tickets were expensive. We ended up at Le Mis and it was so so so so so great! The way they set up the scenes were like live action paintings from the french revolution, it was beautiful. So beautiful, the scenes were dark and misty. The singing was powerful and the acting was heartfelt. I loved every minute and every talented person on the stage. It was nice to finally see the songs I have been singing for so many years in their natural habitat. I can finally connect all the songs together and understand the meaning behind all the lyrics. It really changed my perspective of the music, you should watch me sing it now! Seeing this musical was a great evening to a great day.

I am going to be tired when I make it home in three and a half weeks, but it will be well worth it. I apologize for the long sleeps and grumpy-ness that will ensue when I get home, haha. I realized today that I am not ready to go home and I really love it here. I love how easy it is to travel and to take a train into London to see a musical. I love how you can talk to someone and they can be from all over the world. In one day I can talk to americans, danish, russian, french and italians. It's really incredible. I am sad that I have just adjusted, and I can firmly say that I must come back. A few of my friends will be coming for their masters, so I am going to have to come and visit them. Maybe, I can get my act together and work for the National Gallery for a few years/months.

Who. Knows.

<3 you all lots and lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment