Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day Fifty: National Gallery in London

PICTURES: Two pictures I took tonight of London. I think you can tell what they are! (Remember, if you click on them, they get bigger! haha)

I woke up and finished a little but of home and then quickly headed into London. I met up with Allie and her little sister Helen, who has come to visit. We met up in a little cafe just down the street and up another street from Trafalgar Square. It was nice just sitting there and feeling like a local, at the secluded cafe. We did meet a Canadian and some french speaking people sat next to you. I also believe our waitress was something like Hungarian. I had a tuna melt, with avocado in it. It was delicious. The three of us finished off the meal with a delicious cake. It was chocolate, and raspberry and something that was like cheese cake with chocolate shavings on top. It was delicious.

After that we went to the National Gallery. It was going to close at 6, and we got there 2 hours before that. It took me 2 hours to go through the 16th century rooms. I still have many many many rooms to get through. It was really great though, I really enjoyed looking at the paintings. By listening to those around me, I realized how much I know about art history, so that made me feel really good. I would laugh a little every time I saw a piece that I had studied back at good old Oneonta, it made me miss it.

It was a really great day, London at night is really the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It's my favorite part of living here. Taking the train into central London and then walking back through it at night. Looking up at the lit up Big Ben, London Eye and Parliament. The lights in the river. It's so great.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment