Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day Two: Overhwelmed

Wow, there is so much here. I am sooooo overwhelmed and hungry. This feeding myself thing is going to be hard, all i want is a chicken. Or a pizza... or both. I did go food shopping, but i did not know what i needed then, so my supply is a little lack. I am so tired I cannot even think about going food shopping i should do again, cause I said I would cook dinner tomorrow... what was I thinking, haha.

Today we did orientation, and learned a lot about what we will be doing. The staff seems very welcoming and so did the students. Studies are going to be very different here, but i cannot wait for a schedule. I need so stability i think, and to be around people. I am not an apartment person, i am a dorm person. (Which is sad considering that i am going to have to be an apartment person soon, but i like being around lots of people all the time).

I did meet a lot of people today. I finally met up with the girl i talked to all summer in the program and with her she brought a Norwegian girl named Kat and a girl from Denmark named Rose. I met loads of other kids, one from Germany, tons from America, France, Cyprus, Nigeria, and I have probably forgotten some. I did meet another girl who went to Oneonta, but ... i lost her? I dont really remember her name either, haha, hm.

Towards the end of the day I got very overwhelmed and socialized a little less, but i am sure i'll get over it soon. There is a lot that i have to do, which is all new to me. Like finding my own food, which my roommate Ally has been wonderful in providing for these two days, and walking almost 25 minutes to where my classes are. Putting minutes on a phone (which i did not think about factoring into my budget, which makes me think of how i do not really have a budget.)

At this moment, I miss the comfort of being in America. Knowing that I am surrounded by customs that I know, and comfortable with, well basically everything. But is only my second day here and I am assuming that this is normal. It was certainly expected. I could really use... a mcChicken and I do not even like McDonalds. Maybe i'll go to the dominoes place on the corner? Nah.

Love and Miss you all, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment