Friday, September 25, 2009

Day Ten: Bought my plane ticket for ITALY


PICTURE: Where I will be going in Italy. As Philipa put it, "in the fleshy calf of Italy."


I finished cleaning my room this morning and then met Allie for coffee at starbucks. We ended up sitting there for about 2 hours just relaxing and drinking our coffees (i had a mocha frap, jealous Hanna?). I wrote down a list of things I needed to do and doodled, so that was exciting.

When we came home, we bought our tickets to Italy... yea that's right, ITALY! I am leaving October 8th and i will be in Italy until October 11th. It is going to be so great. The place Allie and i are going is Philipa's home in Italy. It is in a little Italian town a 20 minute drive from the sea, so i will probably try to walk there. It is not like a tourist attraction, so we will be really living in the Italian countryside as if it were our second home. Apparently there is a very good and very Italian (no wonder, haha) Restaurant in the town we are near. I am very excited for this trip, it will be my very first out of England.

Also, i watched the newest version of the Office today. Awesome. Funny.

Now, i am making dinner... a hamburger and ... noodles. haha


***You may have also noticed that i have a new header on my blog. This picture was taken of me by my flatmate Allie. I was playing in the English Channel in Brighton. In the pictures, as awesome as Allie made me look, I was nearly falling into the English Channel. Hope you like it!***

4 comments:

  1. I am excited for you. I know you will ejoy your trip to Italy. Kristin, daily writings are fun to read. Thanks for the daily updates.
    Love ya, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kristin, last time I read your blog you were just finding the pub and figuring out transportation. Now you are going to Italy and a bunch of other places. It all sounds great to me. Take lots of pictures in Italy because I hear it is beautiful. Glad you are enjoying the artwork and have found some friends. We are busy with school, crew, baseball, boyscouts, homework, etc. Thinking of you often. Love the Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting Kristin! I am thrilled for you. You are getting your self around quite nicely if I say so myself. So much to see and do. Take it all in. We think of you always. Love your updates, photos and day to day stories. You are too cute. Life is moving along, almost the end of September, Paulie's team lost another football game. He played hard and did his best. Enjoy, be safe and have FUN!
    love always
    The Otto's

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha.. i know im behind.. but yes a little jealous.. can't wait till starbucks comes here!!

    ReplyDelete