Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Fourteen: Ow

I am updating my blog so early today, because at the rate i am going i will be unable to do anything at all today. I woke up in some serious pain, back pain... to be more specific lower back pain. It hurts so much I cannot move, so I am lying in my bed, face down, not moving. This is very hard, cause i like to move and i am very anxious by the fact i cannot move.

I tried to walk to class this morning, but i only made it a half a mile way from my flat when i realized i would not make it to Knight's Park for my very first class here, the sustainability of design. It hurt so bad it took my breath away, so i walked back and Philipa helped me. She used to be a nurse, so basically another wonderful reason why I lucked out in getting her for housing. Philipa is the greatest person. She gave me hard core painkillers and a bag of frozen peas to put on my back.

So, i guess I am going to spend the rest of the day lying on my stomach, writing, playing Sims, watching TV. AWESOME! Oh also, i have had a lot of Hershey Kisses (dark chocolate), its how i am nursing myself back to help.

Love you!

2 comments:

  1. do you know what you did Kristin? i hope you are better and getting some movement back. Glad you have Philipa also....what the pain pills though. if you are not use the them it will knock you out. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristin i hope you are better this morning. The chocolate kisses are to share with Phillipa. She loves them too, remember? I wish we could do more to help. Remember to wear good shoes and keep yourself strong. You are doing a lot of walking and need good shoes.
    Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete