Monday, September 21, 2009

Day Six: Adventure Day

















PICTURES: These are from the walks I went on. First, this is a section of the nature preserve, look how pretty!!! Second, is the Kingston Shopping center about a mile from my flat, I have to walk through it when I walk to my campus. Third, is the three of us walking in the nature preserve. Fourth The buses at the bus station that i have to walk by everyday i walk into Kingston, there are loads of them here.


Hey-lo!
Today, we did a lot of walking. I started this morning by waking up at nine so that I could meet Kat at the international office while i picked up my final timetable (my class schedule) and Kat added ... or dropped a class? I do not remember what she had to do, but we went to a really friendly Italian cafe and i had a delicious chicken melt and ... water (its free, haha). I then brought her back to my flat, because Allie really wanted her over for dinner and I really wanted to show her the flat.

On the way back, i went grocery shopping, cause we needed stuff. However the most important, part of my shopping was that i got hamburger meat, so now i can make meatballs or... meatloaf or... just cook it up with a bit of oil in a pan. That is my story. Oh, also i showed Kat the flake bar, which i love and will love forever.

Kat and I also bumped into a guy who tried to sell us paintball tickets. He was very good at his job, and if i had 50 pounds extra lying around he may have convinced me... and i do not even play paintball, haha, oh man. I would like to point out that i was wearing a dress, which is obviously very paintball like. He told me that they would dress me up like Laura Croft... hahahahahahahaha! That's all I have to say about that.

Before Allie cooked the most delicious dinner, we went on a walk through the nature preserve right down the road from our house. It was beautiful, there were so many trees and flat spaces of land. It was nice to discover that nature is so close to my apartment, so i can just run off there is the busy streets of Kingston become to much for this country girl. So far so good though, having my own room makes it easy cause i can just slip in there and close the curtains and pretend that i am all alone. But the park was beautiful and the trees were so large and old and ancient. I could spend hours there. Also, i am putting more pictures of it on my facebook, so those of you who have one, can see more of what I saw.

Then we came home, and sorted the oyster cards. I have one now, so i can travel. Which reminds me, i spent my last 10 pounds on it, so Dad... i am going to need my pin number, haha. Wish i remembered that i had forgotten it before i left. Too bad i was worried about survival, rather than access to my bank account. Anyway, i can travel now, so when i want to go into central London it will be a cheaper trip, and when i do not want to walk to class in the winter i can take the bus!

Alli made a pasta dish with basil and broccoli for dinner. With a side of avocado and strawberry salad and garlic pita bread, mmmmmm. It was great, there was wine also, but I could not drink it. I am not a wine person, i have finally and officially decided. We watched Friends while we ate. OH and we made brownies, which we each had two off, we needed them. However, i do not think i can eat anymore chocolate/bread-ish products for a bit. Considering i had a chocolate muffin for breakfast, haha.

Yep, so i had a very long day. And i know more happened, but i have no clue what it was.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Good day Kristin, sounds like you had a great weekend with friends. i am not sure of the names you are speaking of but glad you have friends to hang with. i am home sick today with a nasty head cold. will start the z-pkg and hope for the best. Paulie says hi and uncle pauls says to be safe.
    i love you and keep sharing your stories and pictures. <3

    ReplyDelete