Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Seventy Four: The Tubes and Rain of London

I skipped my class today to meet Ryan in London. I had to email in my paper for class, but the professor accepted it, mr p. woods. It is nice to have that out of the way.

Meeting Ryan in London was a giant mess of a failure. After speaking to women I did not know her speaking in a heavy German accent and me not really understanding what they were doing. Eventually I figured out that I could meet them at Harrods. However, do to the loudness of the tube I misheard the stop I got off at and had to walk about 30 minutes longer than intended. By the time I almost had got to Harrods they had to leave to catch the plane. I said we could meet a tube station, but he went to a different one than I did. So, we missed each other. It's sad but I guess I will see him in the summer. Also, I am about to see everyone else in less than 17 days so that is that. He sounded happy and good on the phone though, so he is doing well.

After that whole fail of a situation, haha, I ended up taking the tube to the National Gallery. I did have to walk a bit though and it was really wet. I spent two hours there before it closed, and it was great because I am finally seeing all the artwork. Today I saw art my Monet, Manet and Van Gogh... just to name a very small percentage of the paintings I saw. I love looking at all the art wort that is in this museum. I am going to make a list of all the places I want to see before I come home in London and finishing the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery are on that list. It will be great to get to Paris and just step foot into the Louvre. I decided to walk back to Waterloo because I want to spend a lot of time with the Big Ben while I am still here. It was down pouring but I was okay with that.

For the rest of tonight I am going to look over my Visual Arts paper and get an idea of what I have left to add.


What a quick three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment