Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day Sixty Four: Designers Help the World

First of all I cannot stop watching Male Prima Donna made by The Office. Kelly, Erin, Andy and Ryan sing it and it's awesome and funny and I love it lots! Thank you Cora for bringing into my life, repetitively! hahahahaha, love it.

I slept longer than I wanted to today, back into my old tricks apparently. Or maybe my body is just realizing that it is not going to relax this weekend because it will be trudging around AMSTERDAM! This will be very good times.

In class I learned how I can help the world as a designer. I never thought about it like this before, but as I tell anyone who asks everything is designed. I usually mean it in I can find a job when I graduate, and buddies, I really can. The system for families visiting their relatives in jails is designed. The system for fair trade is designed. I could go into rural areas in India and teach them how to organize and run their artisan business. This is an awesome idea, and maybe I will start looking into this instead of the Peace Corp. Side note: The oldest person that has joined the Peace Corp was 86 years old! Anyway, who knows where I will end up next fall. For the first time in my life I have no idea what I will be doing in a year. Usually I could just say, Oh I am going back to school. So this will be weird, I think.

For dinner I made a hamburger, chips (big french fries, and yes I cut my own potatoes), and a salad. I am getting awesome at this cooking thing, because I kind of had fun making it! It was very yummy.

For the rest of the night, I am going to work on my presentation.

Also, I got two packages from home. Thanks Mom and Dad. Philipa says thanks for the chocolate. We had a postal strike, so one of the packages was held back a little bit, but I did get them both today.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment