Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day One Abroad: Made it!


PICTURES: First, Ko's sad face while she was lying on my suitcase (trying to make me not go). Second, Me at 4:00 am at Aunt Sandy's. Third, my carry-on mess.














Hey guys (Sandra Sola, scroll down for your bullets, haha) -

So I am in London now, and am really disorientated, haha. After traveling from my family in Albany on a train to NYC I was met by Meg, Sandy and Aunt Sandy (which was great!) Aunt Sandy kept the three of us entertained by food, pizza more specifically, and it was great seeing everyone. Next, Aunt Sandy and i woke up at 4 and got to the airport, had breakfast and we said goodbye by security (thanks for all your help!)

The plane was really simple, i got on, sat for 7 hours listening to french babies babble and sing away. I also watched bits and pieces of movies like, Monster vs. Aliens, I love you Man, Wolverine, The Boat that Rocked... yeah, I could not get attached. I kept going to the bathroom just so I could stand up and walk around. OH also I kept winning all my sudoku games, which was awesome! ...and that was the plane.

Getting through Heathrow Airport is where it got complicated. I asked where I should stand, because there was a lot of options and there was a homemade sign for first year students, but it seemed more professional than I my personal adventure (ironic), but the man directed me to that line. I stood in that line for 3, three, hours. It filled the area of a 20 foot by 10 foot square and there had to be 100 students in the line at all times, and it still took three hours. Everyone in the line was either Indian or Asian, except for two boys who got off the plane with me, so I was the minority (nice!). It would have been a very long line if they had not been there, being entertaining like. Anyway, i got to the front eventually, and was told that I could have gone to another line, because I was only a one semester student. ... ... ... THREE HOURS LATER! Meanwhile, my ride left because I was 2 hours after the scheduled meeting time, so I called Phillipa (my landlady...?) to ask the next step. She, thankfully and amazingly, came to get me at the airport and bring me home... and fed me lasagna.

SO, now I am in my room. I have slept for about 5 hours? And when I woke up I had NO idea where I was, an then I laughed and got excited when I remembered everything. My room is huge, and ... well look at my video and you can see. Everyone has been great so far, so that's awesome, could not really ask for more.

Now I am going to unpack a little... maybe a lot, and maybe 'accidentally' fall back in bed and sleep again. Now that I am more settled, it may be easier.




Sandy- I took a plane to London and waited three hours in a line and got picked up by my landlady, then I went to bed after eating lasagna.

Love and Miss you All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment