Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day Four: Um... I got to see the Office!!!!

PICTURE: My new bag that i fell in love with on my first day here, and finally got to go back for. Good thing i needed one too! Also, i will not be buying anything else like this in the future, as far as i can see into it anyway. So basically the next three months until i get a job! (but it was worth it!)


Today, i did nothing. I woke up at 1 and then made an omelet and toast. Then i did dishes and skyped with my parents and ko. Then i took a shower.

I did go into the shopping center of kingston and bought a great, fantastic, cute bag which i am in love with. And now you can see why from the picture above. I also got a notebook and a sketchbook for classes. I tried to figure out why my minutes did not seem to work on my phone, but i brought the wrong receipt with me so... that was a bust. And i didn't want to walk all the way back and forth so, i decided i would do it tomorrow, if i do not go into central London.

Right now, life here is odd for me. I am not used to being soooo alone. I have a bunch of people who can vouch for that. In school there were always people coming in and out of the room and i had a bunch of awesome roommates. And whenever I did family things, well... i have a brilliant and large family. So, this is my adjustment, learning to be alone. Not independent, because i can do that, just being alone.

Also, this walking thing. My mom is right its going to get old, it already has gotten old. So far i have walked 3 miles everyday minimum. The day before last, i walked three miles there and back, plus i walked the usual mile and a half to the shopping center and back. So that day i walked 9 miles. (lets just say the muscles up and down my legs and my butt hurts so very much). The thing is, i don't even think the locals walk as much as my roommate and i have, because there are hardly any people on the sidewalks till you get into the shopping center and there are loads of people on the bus. So, i need to get an oyster card, which i was going to do today, but then i didn't. I guess i can do it online right now if i really want... so maybe i will do that.

Hershey's chocolate is a delicacy over here. They only have them in American food stores, but i guess they are not around where i am? I gave a dark chocolate kiss to Phillipa and she said it reminded her of her childhood, which made me laugh. It was funny to think about.

Oh, and good news, i got to watch the office today! And watching it made me feel a bit of normalcy (as sad as it seems). It was great loved it, so glad they are all alive. Haha. Could have used a bit more Ryan though. And can i say that i loved the beginning where andy jumped off a truck into a box? haha!!!!!! oh man, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment