Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day Eleven: And what a busy day it was... in central LONDON

PICTURES: The changing of the guards, the park, a sculpture at Buckingham Palace, me and my styling outfit and the Big Ben!









Exceptionally long day, my feet hurt, but it was wonderfully glorious.

Lowdown: We went into central London today, we got on the 9:30 train from Norbiton (like Norbert... Hagrid's dragon, haha) to Waterloo (as in ... ABBA?) and arrived in London. After meeting up with Kat we exited the train station practically at the base of the London eye and i was thrown back into my sophomore year of high school, when i was there last. It was a weird deja vu and it felt very surreal to walk under the London eye, and see the Big Ben and even take another picture of that silly elephant statue. I walked right over to the wall between the walkway and the Thames Rivers and held on tight. I did not speak for a few minutes all i could do was hold on and stand there and look at the buildings that had danced around in my memory from the very first time i had seen them.

The Big Ben is amazing, the way it takes in the light. It seems to collect all the sunshine that cloudy England has to offer and let it glow from the inside. Beautiful.

After i regained myself and Allie had calmed down from her excitement, we walked across the bridge that i had once run my whole hand down as if i was afraid to loose the memory. But i was back, and now my memory wont be lost, cause i am older... and wiser, haha! We went to Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guards which happens every even day at 11:30. There were massive amounts of people around it was great. At one point the guards started playing Abba on their instruments, there was a lot of Abba on this adventure. It was fun to see, and the sculpture at Buckingham Palace is amazing!


We walked to Trafalgar Square, where the lions looked much smaller than my memory. There was an Indian concert going on in the square, which was very enticing music. But i was hungry so we went to get lunch, which turned out to be a 30 dollar lunch, yeah London and you're expensive habits. $7 bottle of water and the likes, ew. But lunch was delicious, very, very delicious.

After lunch we went to the Covenant Gardens, and there we watched two beautiful and happy opera singers. They were fantastic and really talented. They were funny and they should be on the real London stage, just my opinion, they may already be... haha. Also there was a very talented acoustic musician in the Gardens whom we also stopped to listen too. Not only was he talented, but he was attractive. One of those singers that make you excited inside.

After that we walked to Piccadilly Circus, which is exactly what it felt like. There we so many people I got overwhelmed and my secret that i am county girl was quickly spotted by Kat and Allie. We walked down Regents Street, where the rich people shop and eat. I paid thirty dollars for lunch, wonders what the rich pay... damn, haha!

Then we ended our trip into central London by sitting in a St. James... Johns? Park for a few, maybe one, hour(s). We got ice cream and relaxed. I made friends with a pigeon, and i named him ... oh goodness, i have forgotten his name. At least, he has one now, hopefully he will remember (it started with an 'F').

We took the train home, and then i fell into bed while i got the motivation to cook. I ended up having toast, an egg and yogurt. Oh, and a bag of sun chips, haha. Then u skyped with my family for a very long time, and stuff.

I left a lot unfinished in my exploration of London, and i cannot wait to get back to it!

Also, if my budgeting works out... I may be going to NORWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (<- how awesome would that be!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful to me. You are looking stylish. Great pictures.
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete