Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day Twelve: Sunday Roast

Two words: Sunday Roast. I would like to describe it as a weekly Thanksgiving, except rather than turkey you can have pork, chicken... and maybe lamb? Philippa had Allie and I upstairs for one today. She made pork and apple sauce, leeks, carrots, snow peas, broccoli (mmm), potatoes and wine. Still do not really like wine, but i found one i can handle called Asti, it's sweet. It was sooo delicious, and what i would do to get my hands on more of those leeks, the way she prepared them was kind of how Grandma does cabbage (i think). Eating took about two hours with conversation and then we moved on to dessert which they call pudding here. No matter what it is, apparently it is called Pudding. Dessert was two... pie like dishes. One was an apple tart and the other was more like a pudding pastry.

At the Sunday Roast, there was Allie and I, Philipa and John, Joe and Kia (who is Joe's girlfriend), and then two new girl Claudia and A... oh no i have forgotten her name. The later two girls are both from Italy and are getting the work experience here in London. One of the girl's grandfather's owned the house in Italy that Philipa and John (her husband) now own. Confusing enough for you? Well, let me sum this up, i am going to Italy in two weeks!

Haha, now i am soooo full that i am just relaxing. We did go for a walk after we ate. But this was my Sunday, food. This is probably a good thing because, I am planning on eatting eggs and cereal for the next three months so that i can afford to go to Norway, cause i really super want to go there. And i do not need the fancy food to survive, as long as i get my nutrients. haha.

Hopefully tomorrow i will make the video of the rest of my apartment to show you guys. Whoever you guys are that are reading this, haha.

Love you!

2 comments:

  1. I am reading it daily and I loved it.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I love it. It makes me feel connected to you. Enjoy your first day of classes.
    We will contact you tonight so we can sing Happy Birthday to Dad.

    ReplyDelete